Oh no! A broken front tooth. What will happen now to my smile? I can’t smile like this! Whoops! It does sound scary! However, you don’t have to be scared at all. The dentists got your back. As an example, the Scott Street Dental team suggests veneers to restore a broken tooth. Isn’t it amazing? So, hush now! Your chipped tooth is still manageable.
Broken front tooth
We can never tell how an accident might occur. It can even affect our oral condition. For example, when you were playing games and experienced a facial blow, it can cause a chipped tooth. If you have a broken tooth in front, how would you smile, right? It isn’t very comfortable.
Additionally, no one should ignore a broken front tooth or chipped tooth. Do you want to know why? We have listed below the consequences once you neglected this oral condition.
- It can cause cuts in the mouth due to its sharp edges.
- Additionally, it can develop tooth decay, which can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Furthermore, minor chipping can lead to a permanently broken tooth.
- Lastly, you might have a risk of developing an oral infection.
For these reasons, the best thing to do is to consult your dentist right away. In effect, you can increase the chance to restore your chipped tooth.
Restoring a broken front tooth
Being in a modernized world, the restoration of a broken tooth is no longer impossible. Dentists have come up with several treatment options to treat damaged or chipped tooth. In this case, let me provide you with the typical dental procedures applicable for this type of tooth condition.
- Dental filling or bonding: Dental filling is the treatment option applicable if you only have minor chipping. If the chipping is in the front tooth, dentists are most likely to use bonding, which includes the usage of tooth-colored composite resin.
- Dental veneers: This treatment option is excellent in fixing a broken front tooth or frontal tooth chipping. It looks like a thin shell, which can either be tooth-colored porcelain or resin composite material. Its role is to cover the whole front of your affected tooth, making it look the same as your natural teeth.
- Dental cap or crown: Your dentist will choose this option if you broke a large piece of your tooth. The procedure involves grinding or filing away a part of the remaining tooth then cover using a crown. This crown will serve as the tooth’s protection and can also improve the tooth’s appearance.
- Dental implant: If your broken front tooth is no longer repairable, you’ll end up getting permanent tooth extraction. However, you can still restore your tooth appearance. Your dentist will use a dental implant to replace the extracted tooth.
- Root canal treatment: You might also undergo this procedure if your broken front tooth has a large area of the pulp affected.
The restoration of a broken front tooth is essential because it is one of the considered dental emergencies. Meanwhile, here is a short video that demonstrates the actual repair of a broken front tooth. Please see how amazing our dentistry can do magic for our oral health condition.
Preventing tooth chipping
In general, we can prevent the occurrence of chipping in our teeth. There are things that we should avoid and maintain to avoid tooth chipping or damage. Please see them below.
- First and foremost, it would be best to reduce your intake of sugary foods and beverages. Additionally, by doing this, you are not doing a favor for your teeth only. In actuality, you are doing a huge favor for your overall health.
- Aside from sugary contents, it is also better to limit your intake of acidic foods and beverages. Food and drinks’ acidity can lead to tooth enamel erosion.
- Another thing that you should avoid is chewing on hard candy or food. The strength of the tooth enamel still has limitations.
- Furthermore, never use your teeth when opening something, such as soda bottles. Instead, use the right tools to open them.
- If you have acid reflux, it would be best to receive treatment for that.
- Moreover, it is essential to get treatment for teeth grinding or clenching. It can lead to complete wear and tear of teeth.
- Additionally, ensure to maintain the right amount of vitamins and minerals to protect your teeth.
Proper implementation of preventive dental care can ensure the strength of our teeth. Brushing and flossing is a part of this dental care. For the most part, maintaining a regular dental checkup allows your dentist to determine if there are potential oral problems in your mouth. Go to https://dentalex.com.au/ to see how your dentist can monitor your oral health.
Generally speaking, breaking or losing a frontal tooth can be distressing. We all know how essential our teeth are to have a bright smile. If we do not get treatment as soon as possible, many things can change, such as smiling, laughing, or talking without feeling embarrassed.
For this reason, the best thing to do is head towards a dental clinic and ask for assistance for this chipped tooth. It would be beneficial to undergo restoration at the earliest possible time before your teeth can develop an infection.
Most likely, your dentist will discuss with you all the potential treatment options applicable to you. In the end, you and your dentist will agree with the best dental treatment plan for you. Afterwards, you can smile again like nothing ever happened to your teeth at all.