Most of the people surrounding you take a quick scan of the facial features that you have. As soon as they landed their eyes on you, they will start checking you. What if you have broken capillaries on nose? You need to visit your doctor to treat it properly. Moreover, on this site you can find more details about nose surgery.
What are the noticeable signs to tell you have broken capillaries on the nose?
You can find broken capillaries mostly on the face or legs. It is a common result of broken blood vessels. Broken blood vessels, also known as “spider veins”, comes out when they are dilated or enlarged.
You will notice broken blood vessels easily since they look like red, spider veins blemishes on your face. It seems to never fade away at all. These broken capillaries often look like bright, red marks. They also appear like spider veins or in a branch-like pattern or even look like pinpricks as well.
The spider veins can be annoying, especially if they make you completely self-conscious. However, there is nothing to worry about. Broken capillaries are treatable. You only have to set an appointment with your trusted doctor to know how to treat the condition and to find its underlying cause as well.
Common causes of broken capillaries
Several factors can cause broken capillaries. You have to familiarize yourself with these factors to prevent having broken capillaries.
- Skin trauma: For instance, squeezing a pimple with too much force. Next, intense microdermabrasion. Additionally, sneezing can also be a factor. Even vomiting can provide skin trauma.
- Excessive dilation of the blood vessels: For example, taking hot showers as well as staying in cold, wintery air. Furthermore, eating spicy foods or drinking alcohol can also be a factor in broken blood vessels. In like manner, exercising can also risk you to have broken capillaries.
- Genetics: An individual born with hereditary skin conditions makes them vulnerable to having broken capillaries. These skin conditions make blood vessels lay closer to the surface of the skin.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, it is very usual to encounter skin changes. Consequently, there can also be an increase in estrogen hormones that causes broken blood vessels.
- Excessive sun exposure: Too much exposure to the sun enlarges the blood vessels. As a result, it leads to sunburns that peel the top layer of the skin. In effect, it temporarily makes the blood vessels more visible on the surface of the skin.
- Facial injuries: Injuries will often lead to bruising. These bruises on the face also make the broken blood vessels visible.
- Rosacea: This skin condition is excessive redness and flushing. Specifically, for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, broken blood vessels are very common to occur.
Treatment for broken capillaries
Broken capillaries can be in the skin for good. However, there are some recommended natural remedies to treat spider veins at home. Aside from that, there are also medical treatments available for that. Initially, let us break down the home remedies for spider veins.
Natural home remedies
- Apple cider vinegar: It can reduce the appearance of spider veins. Applying this in replacement of toner or astringent using a clean cotton ball will lessen the redness and its other related features.
- Horse chestnut: This herb is commonly effective for a variety of skin conditions. This herb is now available as a supplement which somehow makes it safer to treat spider veins.
- Use warm water only: When washing your face, avoid using too hot water. Since it is a cause of broken blood vessels, it would be best to use warm water only upon washing your face. Make sure to wash your face gently to avoid more skin problems. Some faces are really sensitive.
- Aloe vera: It has a natural property that helps to treat skin redness as well as dries out the skin cells. In this case, moisturizing after each use of the aloe vera gel is necessary.
- Vitamin C: It plays an important role in keeping the blood vessels healthy. It results in keeping the blood vessels elastic as well as keeping collagens in the cells.
- Witch hazel: This natural astringent can also help reduce the appearance of broken capillaries. It contains tannins that have antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps the pores to look smaller.
If natural remedies do not seem to take effect on your spider veins, it would be best to visit to make your way to your doctor to ask for a medical solution. We have listed the medical options available that you and your doctor may consider.
- Retinoids: There are topical creams that contain retinoids. It has components to reduce the appearance of a broken capillary in the face. These components are commonly used for acne and rosacea by removing the top layer of the skin.
- Laser therapy: With the use of strong laser lights, this therapy allows the appearance to fade completely. It directly destroys the poorly functioning vein on the face.
- Intense pulsed light: It follows the same concept as laser therapy. However, the intense pulsed light penetrates down the second layer without affecting the outermost layer of the skin.
- Sclerotherapy: It a kind of therapy that is applied through injection. The doctor will inject a solution into the affected blood vessels. This solution will close the blood vessel which will lead to blood reroute.
A gentle reminder when there is already a need for medical treatment, it would be best to work with a professional only. You have to ensure that they trained and are licensed for your safety and good results.
Preventive measures to avoid broken capillaries
Aside from having home remedies or medical treatments for a broken capillary, there are also preventive measures that you can apply. This way, you can prevent having a broken capillary that will keep you from undergoing these treatments.
- Limit your sun exposure especially during peak hours that the heat of the sun is excessive. It would also help if you apply sunscreen protection to your skin every day.
- Avoid exposing yourself to the extreme heat that can cause blood vessel dilation. For instance, extreme heat from weather, spa, or saunas.
- Always drink alcohol in moderation. It would be best to ask your doctor if you can drink alcohol. You might need to quit it as well to prevent breaking your capillaries.
- Do not forget to wear protective gear, especially if you are doing extreme activities that may cause injuries. It is important to realize that safety is always the utmost priority.
This skin condition can be frustrating; however, it should not deeply affect you. This is a sample of a cosmetic concern only. It is important to know that there are preventive measures as well as home remedies and medical treatments to help you get rid of its annoying appearance.
Considering the possible causes of its occurrence, there are different ways and frequency to address them. Some conditions go away on their own, so there is no need to worry too much.
On the other hand, it would be better to keep a good skincare routine to be able to maintain healthy, glowing skin at all times. If you are significantly uncertain about it, visit your doctor for an examination and diagnosis.